[nagdu] Lisa and All: Bill of Rights

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Apr 22 17:10:56 UTC 2011

Sheila,

I'm not sure if I agree that the schools communicating with each other is
always a good thing.  Certainly it could be a good thing if it is done
responsibly and with an open mind.  However I think there are quite a few
instances where gossip and rumors have been perpetuated and in some cases
expanded this way.

I have no idea what the answer is.  A more thorough application process?
Criminal background checks? More references?

I think, as a society, we are always looking for a foolproof way of assuring
security.  In regard to the guide dog programs, they want a guarantee that
no dog is ever going to be abused, mistreated or misused.   That's a great
thing to want, but there is never a way to ensure it, unless you stop
placing dogs.

I'm just in a pensive mood today!
Julie