[nagdu] Letting Someone Else Work Your Dog

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:14:17 UTC 2011

Julie,

I was wondering if owner trained dogs are less likely to accept
working for a new person since they haven't been "passed around" so to
speak, like most program dogs.  I know that each of my program dogs
had more than one trainer and were used to being handled and worked by
different people.
I can say that my program dogs didn't mind if others worked them at
all, whereas Gracy, Mill'E and Laveau wouldn't work for anyone but
me.  Mill'E-Max will sometimes work for Bob if I'm along for the
ride.  If I'm at home, or at work and it's near the time I usually
arrive home, she won't work for him then, either.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD and Laveau guide dog, CGC.
Do not meddle in the affaires of dragons, for you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup.
http://pawpower4me.blogspot.com
  pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: lillebriss