[nagdu] Letting Someone Else Work Your Dog

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 25 15:45:04 UTC 2011

About 9 years ago I broke my heel and could not properly work the dog for
six weeks. At first a sighted friend took him on leash for an exercise walk
about twice a week. When I was a bit better and could use a walker I had him
with me on leash while my wife gave verbal directions while we were out for
church, shopping, dining out, etc. When I didn't need the walker I resumed
using him in harness, and he did not seem to have suffered from the period
without work.

In January I was in the hospital 4 days for prostate cancer and my wife fed
him and took him out. She brought him to the hospital to visit me. After a
few days home I could take over feeding and parking him, but again I could
not work him for a couple weeks.

Ed Meskys