[nagdu] Quick Question

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Apr 26 16:48:50 UTC 2011

Keep in mind that the mobility instructor only has one perspective. It is very valid and comes from a perspective of the dog being a functional tool. That's all well and good. You will need to integrate the emotions and actually living with the dog which is something your instructor won't have to do.

A good book you may want to read is Light A Single Candle. It's more of a kid's book but does capture the emotions of getting a guide dog. Not all of them are pleasant. It is worth reading because it's a good story and because it will make you think.