[nagdu] intro and some questions

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 2 18:21:19 UTC 2011

Chantel,
    Welcome to our list! I hope yu learn a lot and share as much! One of the
things I suggest is to ask the training programs for the contracts they will
enter into with the
training program. I believe training programs should transfer ownership to
the consumer after the completion of training. Some programs do but most do
not. Furthermore, the transfer of ownership should be real and not couched
in such terms as Fidelco's contract which states that Fidelco has the sole
and absolute discretion to repossess the dog at any time and for any reason.
This is not real ownership. If a training program refuses to let you see
their legal agreements in advance, you should ask yourself the question,
"Why not?" HTH!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG