[nagdu] my final school selection

Chantel Cuddemi jawsgirl87 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:32:40 UTC 2011

Thanks.

Email: jawsgirl87 at gmail.com

facebook: jawsgirl87 at gmail.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jawsgirl87

skype: leogirl48

msn: jawsgirl87 at gmail.com

aim: scholarmistress

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of frandi.galindo at gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:07 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List,the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: Re: [nagdu] my final school selection

As a graduate from leader dogs, I would advice against going to the walmart
of guide dog schools.  I aquired a dog from them, and my experience with one

of their dogs was not all that great.  I also know other guide dog users who

have gon their and had similar experiences, and I have heard the stories
from others who know others who went to that school.  Yes the dogs are
great, and some may even make better pets or have a better chance of beeing
something else instead of a guide dog.  I have very good mobility skills,
and I really pay attention to my surroundings when I am traveling.  Let me
just cut to the point.  I almost got hit by a car, the dog was easilly
distracted by anything with fir, or feathers, and liked other people to
much.  I loved that dog though, and wish I would have kept him as a pet.  A
year later, I went to guide dogs for the blind, and my new 4-legged eyes and

I have been together for 3 years.  This pup does so much better, and loves
to work, and can multi-task if he so chose.  I wish you luck, and hope that
your experience is better than mine was.