[nagdu] Latest info on MAX trains and shocks?

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 8 16:50:52 UTC 2011

Miriam,

Hi. I live in Portland but haven't been following that situation closely
since I haven't been using the MAX for awhile. Do you mind if I cross
post your questions to a local list where the people who do use MAX with
their dogs and who are working on the shock issue can tell you more? I
do know that the problem still exists and that the transit PTBs are
trying to insist it's fixed when it's not, or there isn't a problem or
whatever they're insisting on now to avoid fixing it.We had a really
great transit system here that was growing and improving... That has
changed, and the PTBs involved seem determined to put a stop to all that
public transit nonsense... I am hoping this is just a phase and that
they don't ruin it tonally before they're replaced or something. Sigh.
I'm getting more involved, but have troubles getting to events and
meetings about some of the other transit stuff because my own budget
shortfalls don't leave me enough leftover to have bus fare. Working on
it.

Anyway, I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.

Tami /

Tami