[nagdu] Dogs and Training

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 03:50:17 UTC 2011

Hey Michael, don't forgett that your dog sometimes trains you as well!  I also have 2 birds and a tortoise and I have trained both the dogs to leave them prety much alone.  But they have trained me for a few things as well!  I think that the training recieved in school is usually good but after school when you and your dog are on your own is when the training really begins!  The schools just train you how to use mostly already trained dogs.  After school is when the bond really takes hold.  Usually about 4 to 6 months after school is when it takes off!  It takes more than a month to build trust for both dog and human!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!