[nagdu] Comparison of miniature horses and dogs as guides, was: Re: Dogs, NFB and cane travel

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 13:53:45 UTC 2011

Hi, Dan, Cheryl, and All,

Yes, Cheryl, that is the website of the Guide Horse Foundation, the
organization which trained the first guide horse team, Dan Shaw and Cuddles,
in 2001.  That organization trained several other teams in the next couple
of years, but we haven't heard much from them in recent years, and they
don't seem to respond to anyone who inquires about training with a miniature
horse guide.  I don't know whether they are still active or not.  Most of
the teams that I know, other than Dan and Cuddles, are privately trained or
owner-trained guides.

Best,
Ann