[nagdu] Eye Dog Foundation.

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 15 00:45:44 UTC 2011

Deanna,
    Tell your friend to run the other way from the Eye Dog Foundation. They
are a scam, plain and simple. They raise thousands of dollars with the claim
that they train guide dogs. They do not have any qualified trainers and have
not placed a single dog in several years. Oh, they did place two, one of
which never completed training because they kicked him out because he wanted
to go to the pharmacy to get medication. The other dog, which they asserted
was 2-1/2 years old was actually five years old when it was placed and was
retired within six months due to safety issues. Dan Frye wrote a very
lengthy article in the Braille Monitor a year or so ago about EDF. Go to

HTTP://WWW.NFB.ORG

and do a search on Eye Dog Foundation for that piece. We are trying to shut
them down! In the meantime, we will expose them as the scam they are!

fraternally yours,
Marion