[nagdu] owner training

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 16 15:13:32 UTC 2011

Sam,
    I cannot address the questions you raise except for the requirement of
certification. Because many people train their own service dogs, there are
no certifications that are required as a condition of access with a service
dog. So long as the dog has been trained to perform tasks or do work for the
benefit of a person with a disability no matter who did the training, it is
a bona fide service animal under the ADA and all applicable state laws.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala