[nagdu] Dogs Off Leash

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 16 20:44:04 UTC 2011

Hi Wayne

You make some good points. All the places I take bogart off leash are defined off leash areas be that parks or trails   that we hike on. The off leash park we use the most is in a bit of a bowl of a field with 3 of the 4 sides being a short sharp hill. The bottom of the field is our sea walk. The only danger I worry about here is bikes but bogart has also demonstrated his wisdom in not venturing onto the paved pathways.  But being sure about trafic safety for off leash adventures is very wise and goes with what I was saying about using ones brain to assess the risks. There will always be a risk but I cannot have my dog leashed at all times since he would never get the exercise he requires. Therefore I identify safe areas for us to do this in.

Gary