[nagdu] People's interest in Newsline here in NY with ACB Interfering

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:52:12 UTC 2011

Marion: I am posting this for you and others who are interested.

Just got of the phone with the New York State NFB Office.

Mike Godino, Treasurer of the ACB of NY, and used to be State President at
one time. I sending out letters to ACB people to call/write/fax/e-mail
Governor Cuomo, and telling him not to sign the bill into law for NY State
to Fund Newsline here in NY.

I know a run on sentence.

Anyway, ACB in NY State is definitely different then ACB in other states.
They don't want us to have anything.

ACB wants other independent organizations such as ACB to have the option of
doing this, but they do not have a service at all.

What they are doing also is many, many, many ACB people and others also use
Newsline, and they would not be able to use the service should this not get
passed and not be funded any longer by our state commission for the blind,
that is why we got this bill to pass, to a few years.

Hope to use this as help to other states that are not getting funding, or
losing funding.

If you want to read the bill. The link on NFB of NY States website is.

http://nfbny.org/Documents/2011/Fact%20Sheets/newsline%20fact%20sheet%20on%20letterhead.doc

read the fact sheet.

Thank you.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.