[nagdu] School Contracts

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sun Aug 21 02:16:17 UTC 2011

Well said Marion and you are right!  My experience at Pilot was that parts of the contract were talked about throughout the training and a couple of days before we got our dogs it was read to us.  Of course, if we didn't sign, we didn't get the dogs so again, you are perfectly right!  The point is whether or not you care where the ownership goes, be familiar with the contract before signing.  If we asked, we could have seen the contract early in the training.  As far as abuse goes, again you are perfectly on target!  The schools seem to be slower to react than the community but the community doesn't want to touch the idea of abusing a service dog.  Someone in this area is clearly abusing there dog and he has been reported to the Humnane Society and other county authorities.  Thes people have done nothing!  I don't know the person but I heard of the situation while sitting in front of a local restraunt.  I was petting and generally messing with Holly, sort of playing with her while waiting for friends.  A woman was amazed I was doing this because all she saw was a dude yelling, dragging and hitting his dog.  I informed her that most of us deffinately did not do this and she told me the story.  I told her to if she could look at the tag and see what school the dog came from.  Don't know what happened.  Cindy, that's why you should demand to have whatever is not understood in the contract to you.  If the thing says we can take your dog because we want to and you sign it, well, I think they can!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!