[nagdu] Dogs and traffic lights

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 17:52:17 UTC 2011

Oh, yeah, I've noticed that, too. The only time it seems I can not find
a helpful passerby is when I actually do need some help. Cane, dog,
doesn't matter. The first few times this happened, I was just so
frustrated because of whatever difficulty I was having figuring out how
to not spend the rest of my life standing there in confusion, I could
not get a soul to answer even the most basic, clearly stated question.
Then, one day, it occurred to me that there was a consistent pattern.
I'd' walked several blocks and been given all sorts of helpful
instruction I didn't need, then there I was, just as stuck and confused
as I could be, not a soul in sight, except those who would pass by and
be quite cheerful in passing me by with a wave off (I can only imagine)
and a flip answer because apparently it was clear to them I had it all
under control. It occurred to me this was the third time in as many days
this pattern had recurred, so then I stood lost and confused laughing my
head off. Which turned out to be helpful in getting myself straightened
out and across the street in one piece. Go figure. /grin/