[nagdu] Mobility and dogs

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 14:03:24 UTC 2011

Creative problem solving at it's finest! /lol/ I did not know you were
another who ended up getting some bare basics with the cane then had to
learn to use it yourself. I'm hearing more stories from others who have
done the same in recent years. Yet everyone still seems to assume that
one can just go get cane training by simply asking for it. Hm... Well, I
find it really trouble ling, but I have no idea what to do about it at
the present. One of these days, I will need to find out what others who
know more and are more in a position to do more than be troubled are
doing.

At the dog park the other day, as I was leaving a large dog with the
most amazing tail came in. I can't see the dogs as well as I used to,
but the sun was shining enough that I was able to make out the form of
the dog and start to get some clues as to its markings... Finally, I
couldn't stand it anymore, so I broke down and asked. It was a
husky/belgian shepherd mix. My first thought was that Mardi would *love*
that dog. /lol/ The tail was something else, truly, with more gleaming
white under coat showing through the shorter hairs than any seven golden
retrievers. It was like watching small angelic being wafting along just
over the back of that dog.

Tami