[nagdu] Well heck

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 14:31:11 UTC 2011

Marion,

That is true on Windows servers; they are not case-sensitive.

Since the NFB-net server moved to Linux, however, the addresses are case
sensitive. Sorry, I thought you knew. /smile/ My bad.

So the server will only accept lowercase e-mail addresses and will only
recognize the @nagdu.org portion in lowercase. I tried setting up an
address for you as you type it, and the server converted it all to
lowercase. It wlooking like you were receiving mail through that account
with the formatting you prefer in your correspondence, so I don't know
if something has changed there oor not. I can do some digging about that
if you like. Don't know if I can change it.

That's all I know for now. If you're receiving replies to your
correspondence with the upper/lowercase combination you prefer, there's
no reason not to keep using that. If that has changed, you might have to
bow to the will of the Almighty Server and do things the way it wants
you to do it. /smile/ I have some questions to ask on the web mastger
lists anyway, so if I find out anything else, I will let everybody know.

Tami