[nagdu] Marion's comments to ignorant people

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Aug 26 23:28:54 UTC 2011

One of my favorite idiot wait staff stories goes like this.

One evening, my wife, who wasn't my wife yet, her dad and stepmom, and I, went out to a TGI Friday's for dinner. The waitress came up to the table and started taking orders. When she got to me, we had the following conversation:

Waitress: And what would he like?

Me: Melanie, would you please tell the waitress that I would like the steak sticks?

Melanie: He'd like the steak sticks, please.

Waitress: And how would he like them cooked?

[I'm a little bit put out that she didn't get it yet.]

Me: Melanie, would you please tell her I'd like them medium well?

Melanie: He'd like them medium well.

I think she got it by that point, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure that Melanie's dad and stepmom thought I wasn't very polite. Or something. But they're used to me now. I think.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY