[nagdu] Hurricane Ireen

Artie. anolden at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 27 14:53:49 UTC 2011

There is mandatory evacuation for the Rockaways, plus, in Nassau County the
evacuation order is for everything south of Montauk Highway from the Queens
line -- to some cut-off point.    The winds on the east side of the eye will
blow from south to north, piling up water and storm surges onto the  barrier
beaches, Fire Island to the Hamptons.

One storm  we had, Fire Island on the east side of the Moriches Innlet
completely washed into Moriches bay -- by the Coast Guard station.  The
washout went nearly  to the Westhampton township line.  Dave Garraway's
house sat in the middle of the bay between Fire Island and Speonk.

    The schools in District 32 are well south of Montauk Highway.

            Artie.
From: "cheryl echevarria"

Well because they are also being very protective. The waves in NY City
Harbor do not get anywhere as what they are saying, ---.

Well we will see what happens when it gets here.

I haven't heard from Marilyn if she has her ears on, they have mandatory
evacuations in Mastic.

She is further east than me and closer to the water.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria