[nagdu] Hurricane Irene

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:32:16 UTC 2011

Good morning all:

Long Island was hit pretty hard, not as hard as we were going to be, but we
were hit with more winds and high tide then the inner states.

North Carolina and Virginia and Part of NJ were terrible.

We were lucky.  All trains some are back to work mostly in the city, but
Long Island still doesn't have service east of Me and I am in the middle of
the island in Suffolk County.

I am south of Smithtown, but another 2 miles south we would have had to
evacuate.

My sister in law in PA, was hit, but she is fine.

Our biggest issues right now, the largest power outage in 20 years, larger
then the noreaster we had a few months ago.

We were lucky in this aspect as well because we lost our power for about 1
1/2 hours.  For those that know David and Loraine Stayer, they are with us,
they live in low lined areas, and they still have power outage, they are
driving home in a little while to see if there was any major damage, if
there  was they will be back later today.

Other people are fine, did calls to our Long Island Chapter yesterday.
Either they were in evacuation centers or with family.

Boy Marsha, I do hope you didn't have that much damage where you were, I
mean that PA did get a lot of rain, but I haven't heard much, I know Vermont
got hit also bad from the rain.

But thank goodness you are okay.

Maxx is good, loved having the company here.

Take care and be well.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.