[nagdu] the after math of Hurricane Irene

marilyn t21114 at optonline.net
Tue Aug 30 03:01:35 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,
Today we were cleaning up from the tree branches , leaves and twigs.  My friend from England called me to make sure I was ok as the news there said how bad Long Island was suppose to get hit. My only tree a rose of Sharon out toward the road split in half.  I lost phone , TV and internet service yesterday afternoon. I spent the day with my guide dog  Anna and my pet dog Awesome at my friends house where I was able to make phone calls. I had to charge my cell and that took 2 hours.
Anna did good guiding me around a lot of debris. there were lots of traffic lights out  and where police weren't directing traffic they put tape and cones in the road. There were lots of big trees down blocking streets so cars couldn't pass. I called my agency to see if we were working tomorrow and we are. So tomorrow is back to normal.
Marilyn and Anna