[nagdu] Doors

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Aug 30 15:12:01 UTC 2011

Hi Lora.
I don't know if this will be helpful, but maybe you could change your
method for going through doors.  I thought I'd say how I do it, just in
case it's any use.
For doors opening to my left, I either pull Ben around behind me to my
right and walk through, or I reach across my body, hold the door open and
work him through.  I do the latter when I don't know what's through the
door, like at the bus terminal, where there are probably people there.
For doors that open to my right, I open the door and work Ben through.
TSE tried to teach me a pirouette for going through doors, which I made an
earnest effort to learn, but forgot as soon as I got home.
I always try to hold the door myself, or at least stick my hand out, even
if someone else seems to be holding it for me.  I learned with my first
dog that people are apt to drop the door closed on us.  Poor Glade got a
little door-shy, before I figured out what I had to do.
HTH. Good luck.
Tracy