[nagdu] Doors

Katrin Andberg katrin at maplewooddog.com
Tue Aug 30 17:40:13 UTC 2011

I also work Tom through doors or I might drop the handle and just hold the
lead but the dog still stays on my left when we go through doors regardless
of which side the door opens on.  For doors that open with hinges on the
left, I just reach across my body with my right hand, open the door and hold
it open with my right hand as we go through.  I'm not very tall and don't
have very long arms, but this is what I've done for years and has worked for
me.  I don't let go of the door until I feel Tom's rear end/tail go past my
left leg, so I know to hold it long enough for all of him to get through.
He's a pretty big dog but haven't had any problems, nor did I with James
before him.

Katrin