[nagdu] Guide Dogs at School

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 7 02:59:59 UTC 2011

Mark,
    There are parts of this policy that seem to be noncompliant with the
ADA, such as the requirement to present documentation and notify the police
department. We are working with a DOJ attorney in the Office of Civil Rights
Education Sector to get better guidance on this issue. It seems as if there
has been some misinformation disseminated to some educational institutions
that is causing some challenges here.
    As for housing, the Fair Housing Act is the law in effect for campus
housing. If you have any challenges, please feel free to get in touch with
me.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala