[nagdu] Request for Reasonable Accommodation

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 21:15:25 UTC 2011

Julie,

Yes. You are right about the prior accommodation. Thus, I am frustrated
and snarly that we even have to worry about this at all at this time.

Anyway, I think I've mentioned by now that DD met with the park manager
yesterday, so they are no longer telling him he can't have this new dog.
They do want something from the vet when we take her in for her 12 week
checkup and boosters about her breed and potential size... Since he is
agreeable with all of that, and it is after all, his dog, I can't see
getting totally legalistic at this point... By my understanding, their
request for info from the vet about the amount of heeler and about her
future size is, well, bunk. As in not allowed and also as in, heeler???
Really??? /lol/ I'm not sure what magical formula the vet is supposed to
use to determine what all is in our little mutt and how much... Short of
a DNA test, but I'm not going to pay for such a thing! If DD is willing
to go that far, it's his choice, but I will grumble about it. /grin/

Thanks for pointing out about the matter of the prior accommodation,
since it does apply. We will see how things progress with these
managers. DD does have a fairly good relationship with them based on his
refusing to allow them to push him around while not getting all upset
and agitating. We just do our thing let it go at that. As do most people
when they get some stupid letter from management threatening a fine if
they don't do something they're already doing or if they deal with
something or other that is non of management's business or within
management's right to even bring up... It's a pain, and infuriating, but
then you can just shrug it off. Nothing ever seems to come of it.
Nothing comes of their promising things they are supposed to provide or
to do maintenance on their part of the property (the homes are all
owned, like ours, but on rented lots), so that's another aggravation.
For Oregon, this is really tame stuff, and all the advocacy groups and
agencies and organizations are so overloaded there's just not much you
can do if your landlord is out of line... So we put up with it and go on
letting them know they can keep their nose out of our business while
occasionally reminding them of what they were supposed to do a couple of
years ago and all that. /smile/ Since we have the best home in the park
(no, really!) and the largest lot and DD has a long history of paying on
or ahead of time and improving the appearance of both the old lot and
this one, where it is our responsibility to improve, they can't do more
than send annoying letters about stuff that they just make up. Very
crazy way to run things, but that's the landlord culture here in Oregon.

We should be free of that landlord problem soon, depending on
financing... So won't that be nice? /grin/ Never have I lived anywhere
that a renter has to put up with constant harassment and drama and
illegal surprise visits and whatever the heck from the landlord or
manager; in Oregon, that's just what people expect. Culturally, the
belief seem to be that since the landlord is letting you live there...
For those of us who notice those monthly checks we pay to them for such
a grand privilege, we understand that we are paying them for use of
their land, apartment, whatever so that they have income from it. When
people who have lived in these parts all their lives talk about it and I
mention that point, they gasp with shock because that never occurred to
them... I don't understand, but what do I know? /lol/

Anyway, there should be no further doggy drama here except for the puppy
and Mitzi providing us with a nice black and white home entertainment
system. I don't have to be so concerned about how to get Mitzi the
exercise she really needs in our currently constrained location, since
she is now as hard as a brick from playing with that puppy! /lol/So now
I'm the only one going nuts and having to do boring floor exercise and
weights and stuff to stay fit until my poodle and I can go out and play
wherever and whenever we want without getting flattened by crazy
drivers... Oregon also doesn't appear to believe in putting in
stoplights to save lives. Or sidewalks... Why live in the 'burbs if you
don't have basic city infrastructure and safety? Like I say, it's
crazed. /grin/

Tami