[nagdu] Fair Housing

William Burley william.burley3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:24:08 UTC 2011

Sheila,

I think the vast majority of folks do not train their dogs.  The regulations
say that the dog has to have been trained for the purpose it is serving.
Whether it's legal or not, if you have an ID from the school why fight a
battle that is not worth fighting?  Don't get me wrong, if the request is
unreasonable I'm all for fighting against that.  But if you have proof that
the dog has been trained or can provide the proof that it is a service
animal, why cause yourself the headache?  On this specific matter it's a
case of what is the easiest route.  I am not condoning that medical
documentation has to be provided...but we have to think as well, how would
the complex know that it's a service animal?  Remember they had to change
the definition recently because of the rampant service animal claims that
were being made.  Again, whether it's legal or not, what harm is it to give
them a copy of the ID from the school..Just a common sense thought.

William Burley
William.burley3 at gmail.com

A leader in providing virtual paralegal and virtual assistant services!

Follow Burley-Wilson & Associates, L.L.C.

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/BurleyWilson
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/BurleyWilson
Blog:  www.burleywilson.wordpress.com
Skype:  BurleyWilson

*Contact us for a FREE 30-minute consultation TODAY!