[nagdu] Guide Dogs at School

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Dec 9 01:21:21 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,
 The neighborhood is spelled B E A C O N  Hill.  And yes, the streets wwere
old cow trails!  The Boston Commons used to be a cattle grazing place back
then. I used to live in Boston and they are notoreous for not knowing what a
sidewalk plow is and I had to do it all with a cane as well!  Now, I live in
Sunny California!  And see the lovely snow on the TV news!  I haven't been
in snow for the last 23 years and that's OK by me!  We do get it in our
local mountains.

Landon was raised in Philidelphia and I'm sure he played in the snow there.
He's a California dog now and we both hate it when it gets too hot.  He
sometimes needs booties to protect his feet from the heat of the blacktop of
the streets during our street fairs.  Youo'll most likely use them to
protect from the rock salt that is EVERYWHERE in Boston during the winter.

Good luck with the new dog and enjoy Boston.  I wish I could afford to come
back there to visit!  I lived in the Brighton area west of downtown on the
Green Line trolley.

Lyn and Landon