[nagdu] Some one stole my cane !

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 08:59:57 UTC 2011

Hi every one, Mardi here. I went Christmas shopping the other day and some
one stole my white cane.I keep it in a leather holster type of pouch
attached to my wheelchair when I am not using it. It is quite snug fitting
so it is impossible for it to have fallen out.When I left the store and
headed to the bus station,I reached for it so I could get into the
wheelchair bay when I got on the bus. It was not their! I had it when I got
off the bus so it disappeared somewhere between the bus station and the
store.The only time I use it when I have my dog with me is getting on or
off the bus.This is the second time someone has stolen a cane from me. This
is extremely annoying as I can not afford to buy another one until next
month.I have an old broken one and a very long NFB cane as a back up. Today
when I went out to pay a bill,I had to use the very Long NFB cane as I did
not take the dog with me in Carla's car.This cane would be fine if I were
walking but is way to long for use with a wheelchair.It also has a mettle
tip which gets caught in every crevice and pokes me in the face.I don't
know why someone would want to steal a blind person's cane??????? Fake
service dogs, now fake blind people? What is happening to this world.
Mardi and Shaman

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/