[nagdu] someone stole my cane

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:03:01 UTC 2011

Hi Rebecca, I keep the broken cane because I have taped it back together at
broken point. I figured it would be usable in a pinch,but it no longer
folds up which is a problem, as what do you do with a cane that sticks out
several feet in front of the  wheelchair when you are using the dog and not
the cane? Same goes for a stick you could cut off a tree.I need to have a
cane with me when I use my dog because there are times when I need to use
it like getting on the bus so I don't run over folks' feet as there is not
enough room for the dog to lead me and the chair through the isle.I need
one that folds up so I can store it when it is not in use.The very long
cane I used the other day was my free NFB cane.I chose to use instead of
the broken one because it is a lot lighter than the broken one which is a
heavy aluminum one with a rather large roller ball tip,  which is also
heavy.I have tendinitis in my left wrist and arthritis in my right wrist.If
some one came to me needing a cane,I would tell them how to get the free
NFB cane.It was just me and the dog shopping. No friends or
acquaintances.The last time my cane was stolen, I changed the position of
my pouch from the back of my wheelchair to the side by my arm. Hope this
explains things some what.    Mardi and Shaman.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/