[nagdu] blind man goes missing while traveling

Lea williams leanicole1988 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 10:21:30 UTC 2011

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Charlotte Mecklenburg Police are searching for
a blind man who was reported missing after he didn't make his
connecting train to Alabama.

The family of Mitchell Malik Smith, 33, said they haven't heard from
him since December 16, the same day he traveled to Charlotte.

Police said Smith had arrived at the Amtrak station on North Tryon
Street from Washington, D.C., but didn't make the connecting train to
Birmingham, Alabama as scheduled.

According to police, Smith is legally blind in both eyes from an
incident several years ago.

He is described as 5'11" tall with a slim build, with brown eyes and
dark brown hair.

He has a scar on the right side of his head hear his right eye and a
possible smaller scar on the left side of his head.

He is said to sometimes wear dark glasses and carries a red and white cane.

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of Mitchell Malik
Smith, you are asked to call 911.

The part
He is said to sometimes wear dark glasses and carries a red and white cane.
gives me the cringe. I don't like this stario type or whatever it
would be called. I know not all blind people wears sunglasses, and
some might for their own reasons other than eye contact, like
scarring. but it is a bit odd to be in doors or be wearing dirty
glasses.
But any how. I wonder what could have happened to this guy? And
weather if having a guide dog would have helped him in any way? IDK.
This is strange, how could he have just wondered off unless he was
going to go off and get something at a restorant or store. What yall
think?

Sorry if this was not a good list to put this on, if you have a better
idea of whitch one to put it on, feel free to say so.