[nagdu] feeling stuck

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Dec 29 21:50:02 UTC 2011

Hannah,

I like to use the five year test.   I pretend I'm five years in the
future.  I consider each of my options from the present and what each
will look like in five years.    Then I choose the option that best
matches where I want to be in five years.  Of course there is no actual
way to predict the future, but this exercise does help me quite a bit in
clarifying exactly what is important to me in the long term and what is
important to me right now.   Sometimes those are the same things and
sometimes I see that by giving up something that I think I want right
now, I will be getting something better in the long term.

Julie