[nagdu] Shepard Guide Dogs

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Fri Dec 30 03:04:34 UTC 2011

I think it's because a lot of blind folks don't like using shepherds, they
can be very head strong and stubborn ... unlike a lot of labs where
everything is about pleasing ... shepherds can get a little snotty attitude
that I don't think most folks don't like to work with.  Either you love
working with shepherds or you absolutely hate it ... I've never seen an in
between.  Not that shepherds aren't hard workers and don't like to please
... sometimes they just get an attitude about it!!  And Wow, that is a big
shepherd, my little girl is only about 50 pounds!!  And they aren't
attention hounds like some but they can be attention hounds with the best of
them, at times.  Nyla is my 2nd shepherd, have also had labs, and if at all
possible I would love to keep working shepherds, I love them, they are by
far "my" favorite breed.  I had two labs before as well and loved them too
but just prefer shepherds ... my own personal choice and my two cents worth