[nagdu] Cant do it

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 03:32:06 UTC 2011

Well, I would expect an employer to grant me time off when a guide
became available for me. In fact, when I mentioned in my interview for
my last position and then the position to which I was about to be
promoted that I planned to get a guide dog at some point in the near
future, they just said of course that would not be a problem, I could
take the time off and still have my job when I got back before I even
asked the question.

If I can expect that from an employer, as most guide dog users seem to
have been able to expect, since they have employment and guide dogs...

Why can't the training center for blind students preparing for the
world of employment be expected to act accordingly?

Also, in this case, they are not even paying Hannah. They are being paid
to provide services to her. Very probably every taxpayer in her family
is helping to pay them.

This isn't a shopping spree or a spring break trip to Daytona... If's a
guide dog. A mobility tool.

I just can't help thinking that the training center is out of line and
not setting a very good example of adults in the working world.

I may be missing something, but... Stuff like this just irritates the
heck out of me. /smile/

Tami