[nagdu] Shepard Guide Dogs

Doug Parisian eggmann at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 30 03:54:08 UTC 2011

Cindy, my first dog was a Shepherd and that guy could walk me through the
eye of a needle without touching the sides!  Too bad the back yard breeders,
with little or no understanding of genetics, ruined the American breeding
stock by focusing on appearance alone.  I believe that is in part at least,
why many schools turned to other breeds.

My subsequent dogs have been, a yeller lab, a black lab, a retriever, and a
little yellow lab devil dog who I just retired in June.  Haven't yet
committed to dog number six; I have no place for a dog to have some free
run.  I've always had either a yard or easy access to safe play places.
I've trained all my dogs to come off leash, despite ominous warnings from
patronizing schools and a few trainers.

Doug: Shepherd's pie anybody?