[nagdu] Jury duty

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Fri Dec 30 21:33:03 UTC 2011

Oh Lynn,

I agree that everyone should serve their jury duty if possible. Having been
on county common pleas and federal juries now, I have to say that it was a
great experience both times but the feds were the best by far.

I thought surely I wouldn't be chosen for the federal jury but because they
were looking for people with experience with contracts, which I've had as a
grant administrator and at GDF, I was chosen. It was beyond fascinating to
try the case and see how things worked. We had a good group of jurors too.

It's sad to hear that some courts still discourage blind people from
completing the process of jury service as really, save for some very
specific situations, there's no reason a blind person can't serve.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com