[nagdu] Bells

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 31 16:34:24 UTC 2011

Larry,

Ah, the dreaded poodle Stealth Mode! The bells on the color merely add
extra spice to a life of high crimes and misdemeanors. Of course, the
point of a poodle crime is not the object of theft or even the crime
itself. It's getting away with it to see if you catch them! Mitzi is so
pleased with herself and with us when we bust her in the act!

So, when you have bells on your poodle and the bells are not jingling,
your belief that the poodle is simply being very good and still exactly
where she should be... You could be wrong. /lol/ I still get jumpy when
we're in a restaurant and I notice I"m not hearing anything from the
dog. She's never done any of the really extreme things that pop into my
fervid imagination, but... She's a poodle, after all, so I can never
really be sure. It's looking like, just as she taught Daisy the fine art
of trouble making for trouble's sake, then looking too innocent to have
had anything to do with it, so she is training Zay. We are in trouble
around here for sure!

I do like bells on the collar for echo location and added feedback in
tricky environments when we're on the go. I've discovered that I use the
clicker for that, too, so now I just carry one in my hand especially
when we go into a store or something. I do much better if I click when
I'm confused. /lol/

Zay has already lost one of her bells and is discovering why it's a good
idea to keep herself out from under foot. /lol/ Mitzi, of course, knows
how to use her bells to keep from being tripped over, just as she can
make them go silent when she's doing something she might not want us to
notice.

The adventure continues...

Tami