[nagdu] Going out during training

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Tue Feb 1 22:42:44 UTC 2011

All right Rebecca! Another band geek, well in your case fife and drum core
geek. <grin> I was in marching band in high school and loved it. Talk about
improving your O&M skills. I was a pretty high partial but had little to no
depth perception and no peripheral vision but made it work.

I'm wondering if someone who had a hobby like this might even leave the dog
with someone, say the equipment manager, while on the field, then work it
when not marching. That's what I'd have done if I'd had a dog back in the
day. Our band equipment manager raised a guide dog puppy that, well, on
paper died, and he kept it. That dog was sort of an unofficial band mascot
for nearly 10 years.

Sorry Gang, I have a very soft spot for band geeks. <grin>

Jenine Stanley

jeninems at wowway.com