[nagdu] Update on Kori and I

Lora blindhistory at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:04:50 UTC 2011

Hello list
Just to mix things up I decided to give you an update about my seeing
eye dog Kori. He is an amazing worker. Since a seeing eye trainer came
out I have came up with a way to manage Kori's dog distraction issues.
He still will not come off leash very well even with food. He is way
too distracted by the outside world. I think that he is going to be
the type of dog who needs supervision all the time and i'm ok with
that. He can play but only on a flexi lead. Honestly with my past two
dogs that didn't work out I am hapy to have a dog that works well. I
wish my dog was better at house manners but I'd rather have a great
guide over a bad one. Safety is the most imkportant.

BTW I like the fact that the seeing eye gives people a chance to
interact with dogs before they get to meet their future guide.
--
Lora