[nagdu] elements of class, matching and escaping

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 2 05:36:43 UTC 2011

Cindy,

Never heard nuthin' mean outta ya.  /smile/  I never let not having anything
useful to say stop me; I just happen to be busy enough that I can't think
about popping off about what I think about every little thing.  Oh, now I
remember about learning from others!  /grin/

Well, I think in some of the most recent philosophical type discussions,
some of the back and forth of this specific or that has to do with our
desire to be treated as adults -- because we are -- and what our
responsibility is as adults, and how can we generalize it all to cover the
needs of everyone on a large scale.  Thus, much discussion and defining of
terms and looking at other points of view, agreeing on this and disagreeing
on that...

I think working towards the proposed bill of rights is a really great idea.
I also think that, since we are a national organization and are talking
about doing something on a federal legislative level, we need to take time
to think it through...  Which means talking because that's how we all share
thoughts and ideas.

Yeah, I've read plenty of discussions on the same subjects featuring many of
the same players...  But I'm learning an awful lot just reading and mulling
and reading and mulling.  I've read some really good proposals on a couple
of specific items, and I'm sorry I'm too fuzz brained by now to remember
exactly.  Yet I am learning a lot from this discussion and feel more and
more that I understand a great about the interplay between the guide dog
programs and us as blind consumers.  And, of course, there are dogs
involved, with both human parties having an interest in them during the
period the consumer is at the program learning to use the dog...

This is why I like math.  If a squared plus be squared equals c squared, and
you know the value of a and the value of c, then the value of b is easily
discovered.  It is what it is, and that's that.  You sit down with your
scientific caluclator and maybe a bit of scratch paper (or the electronic
equivalent if scratch paper and a dull pencil no longer work for you) and
just figure it out, then plug in the value to whatever it is and move on.
Nothing to discuss, nothing to agree or disagree about, it just is.  Whew!

Matters of behaviors and ethics and liability and who owns what when and why
and and where they can go with it when or why, especially when it has a
super high price tag because of its training and really would only like a
nice nap after a big bowl of yummy kibble with yogurt on top, only who's
listening?  /lol/

Those sorts of things require discussion and meetings and discussion and
meetings, and proposals and ocunter proposals and then, heaven forbid, a
vote, or maybe even a vote on whether to vote.  So it's really frustrating,
especially if one is the sort who wants to just get 'er done and move on
having fixed everything.  Sigh.  I am definitely one of those less talk,
more action types.

Who has sat through many long and dreary meetings over one single line of
some proposed wonderful project or other, because sometimes the talk turns
out to be really important in the long run.

Okay, it is way to late and I am pontificating.  Bad habit, that one.
/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney