[nagdu] Blind-Drivable Car at Convention

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 19:30:23 UTC 2011

Hello J. and everyone,

    It's on just about every NFB list given its significance. It's more
active on some lists than on others but will die down in time. It's my hope
that this achievement would inspire folks here to imagine new possibilities
and directions for guide dog-related matters including how blind persons are
trained with their dogs along with other issues. I would hope that on this
date in 2012 we'd be discussing the progress being made to put together a
guide dog program modeled on NFB philosophy and techniques instead of having
the same tired old conversations. I realize it isn't going to happen next
week. Knowing that such a plan is in the works will be sufficient to keep
you from hearing from the likes of me. Inspiring the public and the blind to
raise their expectations and think of new possibilities was the whole aim of
that exercise. This is  when I read some of the same-old same-old here I say
"Remember Daytona."

Peter Donahue