[nagdu] Blind Driver Challenge and Quiet Cars

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 19:43:47 UTC 2011

Hello Cindy and everyone,

    The car most likely had a device installed to emit sound when it was in
electric mode. I'm not sure if the noise given by this alert made it on to
the recording. We used a hybrid car to send the message that we're not
opposed to the use of quiet cars but that they need to have systems
installed to alert blind and other pedestrians as to their whereabouts. The
decision to use the Ford Escape Hybrid for the demonstration was a wize one
on the part of our national leadership.

Peter Donahue