[nagdu] Now I know WAS RE: What do you do when...

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 4 07:17:09 UTC 2011

So poison control was the right first call, suggested police nonemergency
for an air check, which I had considered but didn't know if that was the
thing to do or not...  So I did that, a couple of officers came out to sniff
the air or whatever else and agreed that there was indeed a very strong
odor...

Which they identified as mulch.  /lol/  The minute they said that, I could
identify the blend of odors and realized that indeed that was what I was
smelling.  Kinda nasty mulch, but just mulch.  Of course, I had taken Mitzi
into the front yard where it wasn't as strong about the time they showed up,
so she barked a time or two when one of them spoke to me, which woke up
Daisy, which woke up Wayne anyway.  So he came out, heard the mulch
diagnosis and took a deep whiff.  Oh, he agreed.  That would be mulch.

So now I feel relieved to feel very very very stupid for calling out the
authorities to sniff the air for that horrible poison that was going to kill
my dog the minute she had to go out to do her business, which turned out to
be just nasty mulch.  She'll live, but I'm kinda mortified.  /grin/

Happy the nearby neighbors haven't taken up cooking meth, too.  No thank
you.

Tami Smith-Kinney