[nagdu] new guide dog.

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 23:51:05 UTC 2011

Brenda,

That's the really great thing about improved access to computers and the
internet, even since I first started looking early this century, along with
the growth of resources like this list and others and web sites and
everything.

I'm always thrilled to see people like yourself who are just starting the
decision making process come to ask and learn and stick around through all
the discussion and even arguments and downright silliness about guide dogs
and guide dog handling.  You can get a really good idea of what you're
letting yourself in for -- Oh!  I mean what you have to look forward to.

And remembering my confusion and frustration with trying to find out real
information with the detail I wanted, I'm glad there are now so many
resources for others to use to find out some of those little details that
could be very, very useful for them.

Have you been to Leader's O&M program yet?  Would love detail, off list if
you like.  Tamara.8024 at comcast.net.  I'd bet a lot of listers would like to
know more, too, and it is pretty close to topic.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney