[nagdu] Crisis Averted!

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Feb 8 17:00:13 UTC 2011

Excellent question Dan.
Anybody want to answer?

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Dan Weiner
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 1:46 PM
To: 'NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users'
Subject: Re: [nagdu] Crisis Averted!

Now I'm wondering:
How successful have those poodle-users on list found the lure of a
hypo-allergenic dog been to the general public.
Do those  same allergic or possibly allergic folks who will piss and moan
when I,a lab handler, get in proximity with my dog    just step aside and
say "Oh, good I won't be allergic to your dog, I don't mind him in my car,
house, or near me?"

As I understand it, dog dander is dog dander and though there are breeds
which cause less allergenic reactions than others, still they have dog
dander  and could trigger one.

Dan W. and Carter