[nagdu] Crisis Averted!

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 8 19:39:22 UTC 2011

Hi Doug:

Yes you know, and I know, that dog dander is dog dander which means any dog may create an allergic reaction from a person with said allergies. However, marketing is everything. This means people really believe that non-shedding dogs are hypoallerginic. I won't tell them if you don't. :)

Interestingly enough while I was at my school last year there were a couple of portuguese water dogs in the foster family stage.  Someone had donated them. They didn't get selected to be dog guides but did make it into their hearing program.  I think they ended up being smaller than they thought they'd end up being but I thought it was interesting that they were seeing how other breeds would do. Thinking outside the lab and golden box. ;)

Gary with non-allergitic Bogart the poodle >big smile>