[nagdu] a new guide dog program

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Mon Feb 14 23:22:28 UTC 2011

To freakin funny.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.
New York, New York  10004
www.myblindspot.org
PH: 917-553-0347
Fax: 212-858-5759
doing it."

Visit us on Facebook LinkedIn

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Julie J
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 3:16 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List,the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: [nagdu] a new guide dog program

Heya all!

I've decided to start my very own, brand spankin' new guide dog program!  Of
course it will be totally state of the art.  The very latest in offering
blind people all the rights and privileges they so want.

All training will happen in your home environment.  We will drop off the dog
to you on Monday morning with a booklet describing the use and care of the
dog.  since you are very skilled in blindness alternatives, this shouldn't
be a problem.  this is for your convenience.  should you have questions
please call the number in the booklet and leave a message.  Someone will
call you back when we feel like it.

The trainer will not disturb your normal routine during the home training
process.   You will be free to take the dog wherever you like as soon as you
like, immediately after signing all the release of liability forms.  If you
or the dog experience a mental health crisis please seek the services of a
professional.

None of the dogs will be given health testing or hip X-rays.  You, being a
competent blind person, will be able to administer any complicated medical
interventions the dog may need.  Please see Appendix A in the booklet for
troubleshooting tips.

In line with our forward philosophy on blindness, we firmly believe that all
blind people, regardless of their background, experience, available time or
inclination can be competent dog trainers.  We therefore will provide only
the barest minimum of training.  Should you experience difficulty, please
see Appendix B of the booklet for suggestions.

We do not want to be viewed as a charity for the blind because this would be
demeaning to blind people.  We therefore charge $75,000 for each dog.  We
are sorry that refunds or guarantees are not available.  The purchase price
must be paid in full before delivery of the dog.

In keeping with our hands off approach to the training experience, your
privacy and independence, we will not be offering any follow up services.
After dropping off the dog to your home, you will never again hear from any
of our staff.

Sincerely,
The C.R.A.P. Guide Dog School