[nagdu] a new guide dog program

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 15 05:50:42 UTC 2011

Oh, well!  I'd better sign up quick before it's too late.  With savings like
that, I can afford it, no problem!

Are we allowed to take the hides of tame cattle for use in tanning our own
leather and making our own harnesses?  Or do we have to take up buffalo
hunting to really show our independence?  Just asking out of curiosity here.

Where does Pawpower Creations fit in???  Does the contract say I have to
surrender my harnesses in order to demonstrate my independence in hunting
down a wild buffalo?  How can I hunt down a buffalo if I don't have a
harness for my guide dog?  Do I have to tame a wild mustang now, too?  Can
you use a cane to chase the mustang in order to rope it and ride it?  Can
you use a cane to guide the mustang while you're riding it across the
prairie in pursuit of a herd of buffalo?

Has anyone tried this?  Did they cover this in the O&M liessons you needed
to qualify for a guide dog in the first place?

Oh, this is all just too much!  How can I, a simple blind woman, expect to
do all of this unless someone comes to help me and teaches me what to do so
that I can be truly independent?

Tami Smith-Kinney