[nagdu] Food For Thought

Doug Parisian eggmann at mts.net
Mon Feb 21 00:47:24 UTC 2011

BlankSo anyway, I found this clerk in the store who asked me if my dog bit and I assured him that would be more likely to come from me.  Noticing a Pilipino accent, I put on my most darling face and combined with a school teacher-like authority, asked how lone he had been in Canada.  He explained he had arrived a year ago.  After commenting on his excellent mastery of a new language (Canadian eh), I asked how he became afraid of dogs and learned he had been bitten seven times when he was a Kid.  Not sure if that was one after the other, or spread over some period of time.

After he helped me procure what I wanted, I encouraged him to pet my dog while observing the effect on the hind end.  The fellow apparently intended to wait until I paid for my purchase so that he could show me the store exit, a service I assured him was not required.  Smiling cherubically, I suggested that the reason he might have been bitten seven times might have been due to his either abusing dogs, or perhaps a defense against the diet of some in the Philippines.  While another Pilipino girl cashier behind me began to giggle and assure me Miss Payton was too cute to eat, the Pilipino fellow taking my money asked quite seriously if I had ever tasted dog.  With another distinct possibility for retiring my dog flashing through my economic mind, I indicated that I had not.  I finished by assuring the happy group that I had no problems with whatever anyone chose for a diet, provided it wasn't my dog.  And we all lived happily ever after.

Doug: Shepherd's pie--yummy; Poodle puffs--delicious!