[nagdu] Muslim cab drivers: not a slam on their beliefs

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 21 00:50:55 UTC 2011

Alex,

I do know a muslim guide dog user.  She has interesting tales to tell of
reactions from both sides of the religious aisle because of that.  It does
appear she faces some pretty heavy resistance from the muslim community over
the dog.

So perhaps your muslim friend doesn't want the added hassle of going about
with his family, friends and in his community with a guide dog?  Whereas a
quiet drink with a non-muslim buddy won't cause him problems in his daily
life as a muslim?

Just a thought.

Tami Smith-Kinney