[nagdu] twelve hours from gdb visit.

Stepper stepper12 at cableone.net
Tue Feb 22 01:37:48 UTC 2011

Hi Listers.
This is my first time sitting down and going through the comments since I was last on here.
Thank you for your encouraging words.
About left verses right leading foot.
Yes, GDB teaches to use the left to find your  edge.
However, Mrs. Spencer said they would train for using the right foot.
As far as her not being sure about me being able to identify when to go with the parallel traffic, it was because for several cycles when the traffic light changed also for perkindicular traffic there were no cars coming to a stop, or stopped waiting for the light to change for them, and I would not go until I new it was the beginning of the light cycle.
Keep in mind that the last two attempts when doing my Juno walks, I had hearing issues, so I could understand her wanting to be sure.
Plus where we were it was about 10.30 A.M. and there wasn't much traffic yet.
But a couple of miles down the road was a major heavily trafficked intersection.
When we got there I had no problem identifying cars stopped and starting to go with the light changes.
I took no offence. In fact it just reinforced I wasn't making stuff up in my head.
After going for twenty years with screwed up hearing I was thrilled.
I still have trouble grasping all those years I was struggling to hear because of hearing aid stores wouldn't tell me the truth because of their greed to sell me hearing aids I didn't need.
That it was just ear wax still stuns me.
I never understood why my mother went to get her ears cleaned out for years. I just thought it was because she was getting older.
My mother was totally blind as well.
Now we just have to weight for there decision.
If they choose not to go with me, I can apply elsewhere.
I feel pretty good about it, I no longer live in fear that my hearing is going.
My physical side is just getting better and better.
Thanks Tommie, yes, I heard you about a vet.
again, thanks.
Stepper